I’ve very slowly been making progress on my Reaver Titan. It seems an age since I started down the Solaria road, and it has – think it was last December I posted my mottled green armour test. Today I glued armour plates in place, and messed with the Solaria decal sheets to save having to freehand anything. Having done that I felt like I’d actually achieved something – enough to blog about at any rate.
Anyhow here are some pics:
Well it’s over 3 months since I last posted on here. Sadly life has been busy.
So what have I been up to?
- Made a Lego birthday cake for my son’s 5th birthday – I have also been playing WH40k with him, in small amounts.
- Built some scenery for Adeptus Titanicus.
- A little progress made on my Warhound titans’ bases.
- Played a small number of games of Adeptus Titanicus.
- Building 40k models from Conquest Magazine.
In the past at New Year I’ve looked back over the year and looked at what I’ve achieved verses what I set out to do. I’m not going to bother this year, I know I never got anywhere near painting/building/playing what I hoped to over 2018.
So what are my aims for 2019?
Well, I’m going to keep this short and simple and hence achievable!
- Finish the Adeptus Titanicus models.
- Play some games.
- Build some terrain.
Told you, short and simple. Maybe in 2020 I can do a New Year post and not be embarrassed. So how about showing you the hobby work done over the Christmas holiday…
I have been inspired by some nicely painted Legio Gryphonicus titans, that have stayed true or paid homage to the original grey mottled armour appearance. I fancied having a go at producing something similar, but not for the War Griffins. I had spied some artwork for the Legio Solaria which showed them in mottled green armour. Their appearance has been brought up to date recently at WarhammerWorld too. This post is my take on painting the Imperial Hunter’s mottled green armour.