I mentioned painting some Crimson Fists in my last blog post. I figured I would show off the complete squad. I have slowly been gaining the new* Primaris marines as I really like how they look, better proportioned than the older ‘firstborn’ marines. My go to Chapter would be the Dark Angels, since their first codex release in the mid 90s. However I felt like doing something completely new for the ‘new’ marines. The Crimson Fists sprang to mind for a few reasons, I like blue, they have some iconic artwork** that has branches across the many editions of 40k, and they have a background reason to have a purely Primaris based force which is what I was thinking of building.Continue reading
Well it’s over 3 months since I last posted on here. Sadly life has been busy.
So what have I been up to?
- Made a Lego birthday cake for my son’s 5th birthday – I have also been playing WH40k with him, in small amounts.
- Built some scenery for Adeptus Titanicus.
- A little progress made on my Warhound titans’ bases.
- Played a small number of games of Adeptus Titanicus.
- Building 40k models from Conquest Magazine.
With finding the odd moment here and there I have finally managed to finish off the test Terminator for my Deathwing project. It took longer than it should have but that is real life getting in the way of hobby time!
I wouldn’t mind quite so much, if I had tried time consuming techniques (or ones that I find time consuming) but there is noting really challenging in this piece, which I hope will allow me to get a couple of Squads done at least.
Over the last week I have tried to grab a spare 10 minutes here and there to get some work done on my Deathwing Terminators. I have been using my airbrush, for two reasons really.
- Speed, although I am not very good at using my airbrush, it is far quicker than using a brush for putting down paint over the whole model. Time is a rare commodity at the moment, I’d probably still be painting the models dark brown now if I had used a normal brush with the limited amount of time I currently have for the hobby.
- Practice, I will only improve at airbrushing by using it.
I have found some old pictures rummaging our on my old laptop. A lot of pictures of me looking younger and slimmer lol, but most importantly pictures of my old Deathwing. Not just 40k Deathwing but Epic40k too! Continue reading