Khador Blast From The Past

warmachine_wrath__demolisher_by_mikeypetrov_cropped

I haven’t played Warmachine in years, but I did some great painting and converting back when I played that game – in my own humble opinion of course! Now, out of the blue some one contacted me through the blog about one of my old Khador conversions:

My magnetised Khador Devestator/Demolisher clamjack.

I had posted up images of the completed conversion (Devestator Demolisher), and the finished painted jack, but never got round to writing up how it was converted. Continue reading

Magnetising My Reaver Titan

September has come and gone*, and that did mean it was the release month of the Reaver Titan for Adeptus Titanicus.

I have to hold my hand up at this point and say I’m not a fan of the Reaver Titan. The latest AT Reaver is a scaled down version of the 40k Reaver, which to be fair is probably my favourite looking version (I really really like the FW 40k Chaos Reaver, but I hated the old FW Epic 40k Lucius Reaver). I enjoyed putting the Warlord together – painting still in work – however unlike the Warlord the weapons do not have moulded recesses for magnets. So this post is my about how I magnetised my Reaver kit to allow me to play with as many weapon options as possible. Where I mention part numbers and step numbers, these are referring to those items in the Reaver’s instruction booklet.

*Where on earth did September, October and November go? I really did start writing this up on the 14th September 😦  Continue reading

What a piece of junk! Weathering the Millennium Falcon

Fantasy Flight Games Falcon box art

I’ve had family staying over for a little while, so things have been a little busy for much on the hobby front. My youngest nephew is 10, so to entertain both him and my son (and lets be honest – myself), I broke out the good old X-Wing Miniatures game. While we were playing that on the kitchen table my sis-in-law, niece and wife were all colouring in. My sister in law is big into colouring in, and had inspired my wife to start it up again. So what I am I telling you all this for, well, it reminded me of a forum post that I had been meaning to have a go at doing for quite a while (as you’ll see from the forum dates) – using colouring pencils to weather the Falcon.

Continue reading

Test of Magnetism – a magnetic basing tutorial

Test of Honour is really racking up the post count on the blog this month. This post is about magnetising the models’ bases for both using with the group multi-bases and for storage.

The game utilises a large 60mm base to mount up to three of the smaller 25mm bases on, effectively becoming a movement tray for small groups of models. This multi-base in game represents the small area that a group of models both control and support each other within. What I wanted to do was magnetise the models so that models were unlikely to fall over or get knocked off the multi-base easily and make it easier to move the multi-base around with the models mounted on it. Continue reading

Infinity: Panoceania ORC Trooper with HMG conversion

panoceania-orc-troops-n3-vyo

I have had the majority of parts for these conversions knocking around for a while. I have just not bothered to do anything with them. However I feel I should do at least two things with those parts:

  1. Write a blog post as its been way too long since anything of real substance was posted on this blog 😉
  2. Convert them before Corvus Belli actually get round to releasing their official sculpts. Continue reading

Infinity Terrain: TT Combat Objective Room

ttcombat_objective_room_01

I thought I would write-up a little post about some terrain i did quickly for the tournament I went to back around Halloween. It was bought on a whim really, as i currently don’t have any gaming space at home…yet. The TO for the Halloween event asked if any of us had Objective Room scenery that we could bring. So I volunteered to get this built for the event rather than build and paint my own lists 😉 As I was pressed for time, I thought I would try to get it built and painted to an OK standard as fast as I could.

Continue reading