Painting Jeanne d’Arc and the Harlequins 6 Infinity Event

I’ve done some painting!!!

Yes, I’ve picked up a brush pretty much everyday this last week, for the first time since I guess November/December. The reason? I entered an Infinity tournament.

What did I paint? Well actually, I finished off a single model I started ages ago. I had used her at the ‘Northern Open 5’ event in Leeds back in May 2016. But she was only painted up to what I would barely call a basic table top standard for me, i.e. she had at least 3 different colours on her and was based to pass as painted.

Continue reading

October Infinity Update

Today’s blog post is less about painting progress and more about painting anticipation. I’m excited because I pre-ordered myself a copy of “Painting Miniatures from A to Z, Masterclass Volume 2” by Ángel Giráldez today.

masterclassvolume2_preorderimage

When I first started dabbling with Infinity at the start of 2015 I pre-ordered Volume 1. If you look at my other painted models on this blog I think you’ll see that pre-infinity I had a fairly dark painting style, especially in my choice of colours. Infinity with its bright clean look seemed rather daunting. So when I realised there was a painting guide being produced by Corvus Belli’s in house painter, I figured a look behind the scenes would be an excellent idea. Continue reading

Project Deathwing: update test terminator

With finding the odd moment here and there I have finally managed to finish off the test Terminator for my Deathwing project. It took longer than it should have but that is real life getting in the way of hobby time!

I wouldn’t mind quite so much, if I had tried time consuming techniques (or ones that I find time consuming) but there is noting really challenging in this piece, which I hope will allow me to get a couple of Squads done at least.

Deathwing_A_05 Continue reading

Project Deathwing: update basecoat

Over the last week I have tried to grab a spare 10 minutes here and there to get some work done on my Deathwing Terminators. I have been using my airbrush, for two reasons really.

  1. Speed, although I am not very good at using my airbrush, it is far quicker than using a brush for putting down paint over the whole model. Time is a rare commodity at the moment, I’d probably still be painting the models dark brown now if I had used a normal brush with the limited amount of time I currently have for the hobby.
  2. Practice, I will only improve at airbrushing by using it.

Continue reading

October Wash Out

Sadly this month has been a bit of a wash out hobby wise so far. I just haven’t had time to sit down and crack on with my painting.

I had a few goals I wanted to achieve this month, and currently not one is looking likely. But I’ll give a little run down of what has happened this month. Continue reading

October’s Plan

Last month was a bit hectic in the old hobby painting department, after I set myself a target of taking a fully painted army to a tournament at the end of September. So this month I shall be taking it easy, I still have some stuff I want to get done though.

I didn’t quite finish my second caster last month, Sorscha1, there is still a little work to do on her, same goes for the jack I was using too. So I want to complete those models.

I also wanted to have a model completed for Lost Hemisphere’s September Paint the Target. Unfortunately I didn’t even get round to starting my Widowmaker Marksman conversion. So this month I want to paint something for LH’s October Paint the Target, for that I plan to paint up Yuri the Axe. Continue reading

September Challenge Conclusion

I set out at the beginning of September to paint enough Khador models to allow me to field two 35pt lists for an event I wanted to attend on September 28th, my last post was the report on that event.

I worked out I need to paint 10 models in about 20 days to field the lists I wanted to take. Continue reading

September’s Painting Challenge: 8 days to go

So I have tried to fit in as much painting as I can over the last few days, and still have yet to finish a model!

Here is the current state of the 4 Iron Fang models.
Kovnik, had an accident and knocked off the axe. Had to fix some paint chips in the process. Still got the steals to do, and some work on the axe.

image

Continue reading

September’s Painting Challenge: 13 days to go

The countdown is running there are 13 painting days left before my tournament at The Outpost, sadly I have a wedding to go to and an air show next weekend so there are actually less days available for painting. But I have managed to get some painting done over the weekend. I made a start on the following models:

  • Juggernaut
  • Great Bears
  • Iron Fang Kovnik

The warjack has just had one or two base coats painted on so not much to show. The other models have progressed a bit more. The gold metallics are pretty much done. The fur trim and bear skins have been dry brushed, and just need a little touching up here and there. The red armour is mostly complete just needing a highlight or two to complete it. Unfortunately it has taken longer to get to this point than I hoped so I am not optimistic about getting all 10 models painted 😦

Anyway here is a quick picture of the work in progress Iron Fangs.

wpid-imag1170_1.jpg