Test of Honour is really racking up the post count on the blog this month. This post is about magnetising the models’ bases for both using with the group multi-bases and for storage.
The game utilises a large 60mm base to mount up to three of the smaller 25mm bases on, effectively becoming a movement tray for small groups of models. This multi-base in game represents the small area that a group of models both control and support each other within. What I wanted to do was magnetise the models so that models were unlikely to fall over or get knocked off the multi-base easily and make it easier to move the multi-base around with the models mounted on it. Continue reading
I had seen this simple conversion on the Warlord Games website and wanted to try it out myself – with my own little twist. It is the standard Bow/Yumi arms adjusted slightly to give a completely different look to the model. I have been undecided in what combination of models I wanted to build the bowmen/musketmen sprues. So to give myself some options for the future I decided to make one of my standard models stand out from the crowd so I could use him as a Sergeant of Archery if required.
There are no work in progress pictures for this model, just a brief description of the process and a series of pictures of the finished conversion.
Test of Honour requires token being drawn blind to determine the models activated. To do this it is suggested to draw the tokens from a bag or cup. My immediate thought was – ‘oooh can I find a Samurai/Japan/Far East themed dice bag for this?’
The last few days my spare hobby time has been taken up with assembling models for Test Of Honour. When I first opened the box and looked at all the components on the sprue, I have to admit I felt a little daunted. All those options! What would I build?!
I started on the force required for the first mission from the battle book. My previous post shows the first of this assembly spree. When clipping the parts off the sprue I began to think that these would be fiddley models to put together. However, I haven’t used hard plastic polystyrene models for some time and I had forgotten what an easy material it is to work with when building models. The mould lines (what little there were) were easily scrapped off with little effort. With the use of polystyrene cement even the most fiddly of two-handed weapon poses were simple to put together. Especially in comparison to the models like the old metal PP Steelhead Halberdiers. I have really enjoyed building these models.
Where the hell did March go?
I’ve failed to do any miniature hobbying for over an entire month now. I have a half written post on painting my IA stormtroopers from the back end of February. Three partially built and painted Zen Terrain Hab buildings that I was supposed to be painting up for the Mayacast 2017 Q1 Masterglass competition. I started those in January, got side tracked by IA models, and I’ve ended up completely failing to get those done for the deadline.
Still April is looking good so far. I’ve built some models, for a completely different game!
I have had the majority of parts for these conversions knocking around for a while. I have just not bothered to do anything with them. However I feel I should do at least two things with those parts:
- Write a blog post as its been way too long since anything of real substance was posted on this blog 😉
- Convert them before Corvus Belli actually get round to releasing their official sculpts. Continue reading