In my last post I assembled the Creality Ender-3 3D printer I bought with my birthday money. In it I mentioned a Kickstarter project, the Chicharra SciFi Hopper, being the impetus for getting the printer in the first place.
Now you get to see the printed product. Continue reading
The last few days my spare hobby time has been taken up with assembling models for Test Of Honour. When I first opened the box and looked at all the components on the sprue, I have to admit I felt a little daunted. All those options! What would I build?!
I started on the force required for the first mission from the battle book. My previous post shows the first of this assembly spree. When clipping the parts off the sprue I began to think that these would be fiddley models to put together. However, I haven’t used hard plastic polystyrene models for some time and I had forgotten what an easy material it is to work with when building models. The mould lines (what little there were) were easily scrapped off with little effort. With the use of polystyrene cement even the most fiddly of two-handed weapon poses were simple to put together. Especially in comparison to the models like the old metal PP Steelhead Halberdiers. I have really enjoyed building these models.
Where the hell did March go?
I’ve failed to do any miniature hobbying for over an entire month now. I have a half written post on painting my IA stormtroopers from the back end of February. Three partially built and painted Zen Terrain Hab buildings that I was supposed to be painting up for the Mayacast 2017 Q1 Masterglass competition. I started those in January, got side tracked by IA models, and I’ve ended up completely failing to get those done for the deadline.
Still April is looking good so far. I’ve built some models, for a completely different game!
I thought I would write-up a little post about some terrain i did quickly for the tournament I went to back around Halloween. It was bought on a whim really, as i currently don’t have any gaming space at home…yet. The TO for the Halloween event asked if any of us had Objective Room scenery that we could bring. So I volunteered to get this built for the event rather than build and paint my own lists 😉 As I was pressed for time, I thought I would try to get it built and painted to an OK standard as fast as I could.
Quick post today to show off two things.
- My 2 converted Croc Men models.
- Bandua container scenery.