Ahh yes, the annual look back at the past year’s hobbying, and see how we measured up against the hobby progress we hoped to achieve mentioned back in January 2020.
Well a quick read of my hopes for 2020, and seeing what I have actually done over the last year suggests that its all doom and gloom.
- No, i’ve not managed to hobby more tidily or efficently.
- No, I did not paint more than I bought – or even attempt to 🙂
- No, I’ve not actually managed to paint much over 2020 at all 😦
- No, I’ve not attended any events – but that’s not my fault, damned Covid!
- No, the blog still looks the same as it did back in June 2014 (wow I hadn’t realised it was that long ago!)
So what did we do in the year of Social Distancing and Lockdowns? I’ve been working from home, and home schooling my lad – yeah right! So my hobby time took a massive hit this year. I’m massively jealous of people who have churned out multiple large scale armies over the various lockdowns, but there in lies the danger of social media. No one’s life is perfect and FB, and the like, only give a small filtered glimpse into other people’s lives. There’s no real indication of what’s going on in their life, and everyone is different. Hope you all are staying safe, and perhaps more importantly, sane over the course of the pandemic. Here is what I achieved last year…Continue reading