September Challenge Conclusion

I set out at the beginning of September to paint enough Khador models to allow me to field two 35pt lists for an event I wanted to attend on September 28th, my last post was the report on that event.

I worked out I need to paint 10 models in about 20 days to field the lists I wanted to take. Continue reading

September’s Painting Challenge: 8 days to go

So I have tried to fit in as much painting as I can over the last few days, and still have yet to finish a model!

Here is the current state of the 4 Iron Fang models.
Kovnik, had an accident and knocked off the axe. Had to fix some paint chips in the process. Still got the steals to do, and some work on the axe.

image

Continue reading

September’s Painting Challenge: 13 days to go

The countdown is running there are 13 painting days left before my tournament at The Outpost, sadly I have a wedding to go to and an air show next weekend so there are actually less days available for painting. But I have managed to get some painting done over the weekend. I made a start on the following models:

  • Juggernaut
  • Great Bears
  • Iron Fang Kovnik

The warjack has just had one or two base coats painted on so not much to show. The other models have progressed a bit more. The gold metallics are pretty much done. The fur trim and bear skins have been dry brushed, and just need a little touching up here and there. The red armour is mostly complete just needing a highlight or two to complete it. Unfortunately it has taken longer to get to this point than I hoped so I am not optimistic about getting all 10 models painted 😦

Anyway here is a quick picture of the work in progress Iron Fangs.

wpid-imag1170_1.jpg

September’s Painting Challenge

I have entered a tournament at the end of the month at The Outpost, it is my first tournament in probably 2 years, and I’d like to go with fully painted lists. I am going to be using my Khador. So what you might think, well here is the challenge; it is a 2 list 35 point tournament and all my painted Khador are on this site.

This is what is painted:

  • Butcher1
  • Black Ivan
  • Devastator
  • Kossite Woodsmen
  • Black Dragon Ironfang Pikeman

Aside from the caster one of those is a character and so can only be in one list, so to get to two 35 point painted lists i need to paint about 20 points worth of models in about 2 weeks.

So ideally I need to paint these for my first list, Butcher1:

  • Juggernaut
  • Great Bears
  • Kayazy Eliminators

And then in addition to the above I need to paint these for the second list.

  • Sorscha1
  • Sylas Wyshnalyrr
  • Widowmaker Marksman
  • Ironfang Kovnik

Of course depending how well I get on, or not, I might rearrange what I have in each list to enable me to go fully painted if my painting falls behind schedule.

Here is the starting point as of this morning, the jack, the bears, and the kovnik just barely started.

wpid-imag1163_1.jpg

Can I get a caster painted this month? – Update 9: Done!

Painted! Gamed with, and defeated 😦

As you have seen in update 8 I have succeeded in painting Butcher1 this month. However somewhere I am sure I mentioned taking part in a slow grow WM league at my gaming club. The first part of the league is at 15pts mangled metal. So I have been playing Butcher1 with two Juggernauts and a Marauder. One of the guys at the club is playing Cygnar and his caster is Constance Blaize, I have played him twice and both times I have lost. The first time was my own stupidity, instead of killing the jack stood next to Butcher and winning by killing the battlegroup I charged Butcher1 into Constance expecting to wipe the floor with her. After whiffing all the dice rolls I was killed in the next turn. The second game against Constance, after Butcher1 was painted, I lost as she got a charge off on me and wiped the floor with Butcher. So in shame of being defeated twice (by an infantry caster in mangled metal format) I decided to take the chipped and battle worn look of the axe head and apply it across to the rest of Butcher’s armour.

Here is the result:

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

I admit I have not quite got the technique right for black armour (so much so I feel I have spoiled the paint job a little), but I am pleased with how the red armour turned out.

Also figured I would do a group shot of what I have painted so far for the PP Forum’s Tale of 2014, seeing as we are half way through the year. Continue reading

Can I get a caster painted this month? – Update 8

Can I get a caster painted this month? Yes I can!

Well I have succeeded, I have manage to paint Butcher1 this month. I am really pleased with how he has turned out, but there is always room for improvement. Let me know what you think and leave a comment below. Finished pictures are at the end of my painting recipe waffling.

Axe Head Paint Chips & Scratches

In my last update I mentioned not being happy with how the axe head turned out, because I had painted the red at a different time to the rest of the armour I ended up with a brighter red on the axe than I wanted. In the end I didn’t really go back and fix the over vibrant colour, I actually added paint chips and scratches to the axe head. That seemed to work a treat and I am happy with the result.

Continue reading