Over the last week I have tried to grab a spare 10 minutes here and there to get some work done on my Deathwing Terminators. I have been using my airbrush, for two reasons really.
Speed, although I am not very good at using my airbrush, it is far quicker than using a brush for putting down paint over the whole model. Time is a rare commodity at the moment, I’d probably still be painting the models dark brown now if I had used a normal brush with the limited amount of time I currently have for the hobby.
Practice, I will only improve at airbrushing by using it.
Last month was a bit hectic in the old hobby painting department, after I set myself a target of taking a fully painted army to a tournament at the end of September. So this month I shall be taking it easy, I still have some stuff I want to get done though.
I didn’t quite finish my second caster last month, Sorscha1, there is still a little work to do on her, same goes for the jack I was using too. So I want to complete those models.
I also wanted to have a model completed for Lost Hemisphere’s September Paint the Target. Unfortunately I didn’t even get round to starting my Widowmaker Marksman conversion. So this month I want to paint something for LH’s October Paint the Target, for that I plan to paint up Yuri the Axe. Continue reading →
The countdown is running there are 13 painting days left before my tournament at The Outpost, sadly I have a wedding to go to and an air show next weekend so there are actually less days available for painting. But I have managed to get some painting done over the weekend. I made a start on the following models:
Iron Fang Kovnik
The warjack has just had one or two base coats painted on so not much to show. The other models have progressed a bit more. The gold metallics are pretty much done. The fur trim and bear skins have been dry brushed, and just need a little touching up here and there. The red armour is mostly complete just needing a highlight or two to complete it. Unfortunately it has taken longer to get to this point than I hoped so I am not optimistic about getting all 10 models painted 😦
Anyway here is a quick picture of the work in progress Iron Fangs.
I have entered a tournament at the end of the month at The Outpost, it is my first tournament in probably 2 years, and I’d like to go with fully painted lists. I am going to be using my Khador. So what you might think, well here is the challenge; it is a 2 list 35 point tournament and all my painted Khador are on this site.
This is what is painted:
Black Dragon Ironfang Pikeman
Aside from the caster one of those is a character and so can only be in one list, so to get to two 35 point painted lists i need to paint about 20 points worth of models in about 2 weeks.
So ideally I need to paint these for my first list, Butcher1:
And then in addition to the above I need to paint these for the second list.
Of course depending how well I get on, or not, I might rearrange what I have in each list to enable me to go fully painted if my painting falls behind schedule.
Here is the starting point as of this morning, the jack, the bears, and the kovnik just barely started.