This article is about how I went about converting my Farrow Roadhog, who I have nicknamed Mad Max. Again it was first published on the web a few years ago but the website it was on has disappeared from the web.
Mad Max the Farrow Roadhog
Parts List :
- 1x Road Hog
- 1x Model engine set Zinge Industires
- Track set components Zinge Industries
- Driller Grappler arm and claw
- Madhammer’s helmet visor
- 2x Karchev skirt frame thingys
- 2x Hammersmith hammer heads
- 2x Thunderhead struts
- Khador Berserker shoulder armour
- Drago shoulder plate & spikes
- Brass rod and tube, I used one size of brass rod which fit snugly inside the first size of brass tube, which in turn fit inside the second larger brass tube.
- Various sundries: Plasticard, and some old electrical wire
To quote a favourite film of mine “that’s a big list!”
I didn’t sit down with the above list and build Mad Max in one go, I assembled the different sections as and when I had worked out how I wanted things to go together and scavenged the parts I thought I needed. With that in mind a step by step tutorial on how I assembled the Road Hog isn’t possible, as it didn’t get built like that. So I have broken the tutorial down into the different modules that make up the completed Road Hog and hence this is not the sequence I actually built or took the pictures in.
This article was written back in 2012 and was originally published on another website that seems to had died a death, but I wanted to republish the article to share with everyone.
The Steamroller rules pack has a number of scenarios that require players to fight to control certain points on the table. These points are represented in game by zones, flags, and objective markers. I want to talk about actually representing them on the table, and I’ll show you what I have done for my flags and objectives to use with my Mercenaries.
Khador Devastator magnetised to have an opening armoured shell and be swapped out to a Demolisher, see the other pic.
Khador Demolisher magnetised to having an opening armoured shell and be swapped out to a Devastator
Welcome back to the second part of my Iron Fang Pikemen article. Previously I showed you how I went about replacing the Pikemen’s pikes with brass rod, now I will show you my second method where I replace the pikes with brass tube.
Method 2: Brass Tubing
The idea is the same as the previous method but this time replacing the pikes with tubing. The reason for the tube is because the outside diameter can match very closely with the diameter of the pike shaft. However the internal diameter is smaller allowing you to use a smaller drill bit to drill through the hand and not have to remove material from the hand to avoid a step in the shaft as described in step 6 of method 1. The end result is to have a much thicker looking shaft to the pike. A comparison of models using each method can be found towards the end of this article.
I wrote this tutorial around about the release of the Black Dragon Iron Fang Pikemen upgrade kit and the new tier list for Butcher1, Claws of the Dragon, in NQ41. So it is quite a while ago now, and it was originally hosted on another website which seems to have now sadly disappeared from the web. The tutorial is broken into two articles as i used two slightly different methods, one using brass rod, the other using brass rod and tubing. This article will deal with method 1, using brass rod.
Method 1: Brass Rod
OK the basic idea is to remove the original shaft of the IFP’s pikes and replace it with a length of brass rod. Sounds simple doesn’t it.
The IFP unit and attachment have 5 different styles of pike hand. An over hand grip, an under hand grip, the unit leader’s arm, a thrusting forward grip, and finally the UA officer also has a thrusting forward grip.
Although the same techniques are used on all the different arms I think one set is a little harder than the other, arm group 1 being easier than arm group 2. So I’ll show how I did both groups of arms.