It’s been a while since my last post, and I am sorry to report I haven’t got much done.
What I have managed to do is finish off 3 of the Infinity Operation Icestorm models. They have actually been completed since the beginning of April, I have just been waiting to get chance to photo them with the decent camera rather than just my phone.
Mobius Strip II – M.C.Escher 1963
With recently picking up Infinity I have been looking around the internet for the usual suspects of digital medium with an Infinity content. First and most obvious was the Corvus Belli Infinity website and forums. Then I stumbled across DataSphere, a fan site with a decent amount of interesting content, and it’s associated forum. From there I have started listening to some podcasts, I am currently working my way through Totally Crit, which I am enjoying listening too.
With finding the odd moment here and there I have finally managed to finish off the test Terminator for my Deathwing project. It took longer than it should have but that is real life getting in the way of hobby time!
I wouldn’t mind quite so much, if I had tried time consuming techniques (or ones that I find time consuming) but there is noting really challenging in this piece, which I hope will allow me to get a couple of Squads done at least.
Over the last week I have tried to grab a spare 10 minutes here and there to get some work done on my Deathwing Terminators. I have been using my airbrush, for two reasons really.
- Speed, although I am not very good at using my airbrush, it is far quicker than using a brush for putting down paint over the whole model. Time is a rare commodity at the moment, I’d probably still be painting the models dark brown now if I had used a normal brush with the limited amount of time I currently have for the hobby.
- Practice, I will only improve at airbrushing by using it.