The Warhound kit (EG link) is a nice little kit, it goes together great. Unfortunately after creating some wreckage on the bases for the models I realised I needed to adjust the legs to make the Warhounds fit their bases. This post is about how I went about straightening a Warhound Titan’s leg.Continue reading
In the past at New Year I’ve looked back over the year and looked at what I’ve achieved verses what I set out to do. I’m not going to bother this year, I know I never got anywhere near painting/building/playing what I hoped to over 2018.
So what are my aims for 2019?
Well, I’m going to keep this short and simple and hence achievable!
- Finish the Adeptus Titanicus models.
- Play some games.
- Build some terrain.
Told you, short and simple. Maybe in 2020 I can do a New Year post and not be embarrassed. So how about showing you the hobby work done over the Christmas holiday…
I have been inspired by some nicely painted Legio Gryphonicus titans, that have stayed true or paid homage to the original grey mottled armour appearance. I fancied having a go at producing something similar, but not for the War Griffins. I had spied some artwork for the Legio Solaria which showed them in mottled green armour. Their appearance has been brought up to date recently at WarhammerWorld too. This post is my take on painting the Imperial Hunter’s mottled green armour.
I haven’t played Warmachine in years, but I did some great painting and converting back when I played that game – in my own humble opinion of course! Now, out of the blue some one contacted me through the blog about one of my old Khador conversions:
My magnetised Khador Devestator/Demolisher clamjack.
September has come and gone*, and that did mean it was the release month of the Reaver Titan for Adeptus Titanicus.
I have to hold my hand up at this point and say I’m not a fan of the Reaver Titan. The latest AT Reaver is a scaled down version of the 40k Reaver, which to be fair is probably my favourite looking version (I really really like the FW 40k Chaos Reaver, but I hated the old FW Epic 40k Lucius Reaver). I enjoyed putting the Warlord together – painting still in work – however unlike the Warlord the weapons do not have moulded recesses for magnets. So this post is my about how I magnetised my Reaver kit to allow me to play with as many weapon options as possible. Where I mention part numbers and step numbers, these are referring to those items in the Reaver’s instruction booklet.
*Where on earth did September, October and November go? I really did start writing this up on the 14th September 😦 Continue reading
Broken brickwork crunched under the Warhound’s feet. The east wall of the ruined templum lay directly ahead of them. ‘Full stride, now!’ Orfuls cried. ‘We’ve got a wall in our face!’ Strakhov replied, dismayed. ‘Since when did that stop us? Full stride! Full stride!’
Titanicus, Dan Abnett
As I envision my AT table being an urban area (urban style mat and all the AT buildings), it made sense to base my Titan force to match. This led to the basing I created for my Knights before I actually had the models in hand, see my Knight bases post. This article is about creating the ‘urban ruins’ base for my Warlord Titan, with the added benefit of having the Warlord model. Continue reading
As I had some spare 40mm bases knocking about I thought I would preemptively make some scenic bases for the Knights from Adeptus Titanicus. The game releases this weekend, so I don’t have the models yet. I only hope I can get the models to fit on the bases. If they don’t I will have to find a use for them as objectives or something. Continue reading