I haven’t played Warmachine in years, but I did some great painting and converting back when I played that game – in my own humble opinion of course! Now, out of the blue some one contacted me through the blog about one of my old Khador conversions:
My magnetised Khador Devestator/Demolisher clamjack.
I had posted up images of the completed conversion (Devestator Demolisher), and the finished painted jack, but never got round to writing up how it was converted. Continue reading
September has come and gone*, and that did mean it was the release month of the Reaver Titan for Adeptus Titanicus.
I have to hold my hand up at this point and say I’m not a fan of the Reaver Titan. The latest AT Reaver is a scaled down version of the 40k Reaver, which to be fair is probably my favourite looking version (I really really like the FW 40k Chaos Reaver, but I hated the old FW Epic 40k Lucius Reaver). I enjoyed putting the Warlord together – painting still in work – however unlike the Warlord the weapons do not have moulded recesses for magnets. So this post is my about how I magnetised my Reaver kit to allow me to play with as many weapon options as possible. Where I mention part numbers and step numbers, these are referring to those items in the Reaver’s instruction booklet.
*Where on earth did September, October and November go? I really did start writing this up on the 14th September 😦 Continue reading
Broken brickwork crunched under the Warhound’s feet. The east wall of the ruined templum lay directly ahead of them. ‘Full stride, now!’ Orfuls cried. ‘We’ve got a wall in our face!’ Strakhov replied, dismayed. ‘Since when did that stop us? Full stride! Full stride!’
Titanicus, Dan Abnett
As I envision my AT table being an urban area (urban style mat and all the AT buildings), it made sense to base my Titan force to match. This led to the basing I created for my Knights before I actually had the models in hand, see my Knight bases post. This article is about creating the ‘urban ruins’ base for my Warlord Titan, with the added benefit of having the Warlord model. Continue reading
As I had some spare 40mm bases knocking about I thought I would preemptively make some scenic bases for the Knights from Adeptus Titanicus. The game releases this weekend, so I don’t have the models yet. I only hope I can get the models to fit on the bases. If they don’t I will have to find a use for them as objectives or something. Continue reading
I have been thinking about scale recently, mostly because of the upcoming release of Adeptus Titanicus and reading some discussions about how big the titans ‘should’ be lol. However it is also because I want to build up some terrain, add some interesting items to bases, that kind of thing – and not just for Titanicus, but across all my game systems. So I played about with a spreadsheet to work out the dimensions of various items at various scales. I’ve actually had this spreadsheet for a couple of months now, but never got round to typing this up. I figured somebody out there might find it useful too, so is here my blog post about model scale. Continue reading
In my last post I assembled the Creality Ender-3 3D printer I bought with my birthday money. In it I mentioned a Kickstarter project, the Chicharra SciFi Hopper, being the impetus for getting the printer in the first place.
Now you get to see the printed product. Continue reading
Time for something different – no I’m not starting a Podcast, or creating a You Tube Channel* – I’ve treated myself to a 3D printer for my birthday. If there is anything I am good at it is finding distractions from current projects, and this has gotta be the mother of all distractions – or at least the rapid prototyper of all distractions. Continue reading